GOING SOLAR IN DENTON
If you get your electricity from Denton Municipal Electric (DME) and are considering solar panels for your home or business, then we’ve got all your information right here.
Here’s what you need to know about the Denton Municipal Electric Solar Rebate:
- DME offers up to $30,000 in rebate dollars towards the cost of installing new solar panels on your home or business
- At $0.75/w AC, Denton has one of of the best solar rebates in the State of Texas.
- They have a minimum system size of 3,000 Watts but most solar panel installations are between 8,000 – 12,000 watts these days
- If you add a battery storage system, you qualify for an additional $0.75/watt AC (still capping at $30,000)
- Any ratepayer with a distributed generation system (like solar panels or a wind turbine) must switch to the Residential Time of Use (Schedule RTOU) rate structure
Like most utilities, solar panel installation in DME has its own unique set of design nuances that we adhere to in order to ensure you are taking full advantage of your investment in solar. At Longhorn Solar, we design to DME‘s billing structure, making sure you’re getting the most out of every dollar invested in your solar pv power plant. Make sure to also check out our Top 10 Solar Questions of 2018!