IS COMMERCIAL SOLAR FOR YOUR BUSINESS A GOOD IDEA?
Installing commercial solar panels at your business a GREAT idea. For example, it’s an fantastic investment with a very short ROI. In addition, it shows you’re committed to helping the environment. Adding commercial solar to your business also shows that you’re a good steward of your companies finances. Moreover, it’s a highly marketable addition to any business and will attract customers who like doing business with companies who are focused on sustainability and the environment.
SOLAR IS A SOUND FINANCIAL INVESTMENT
When you invest in a solar panel installation, you’ll be able to take advantage of things like:
– The 30% Federal Investment Tax Credit. SEIA has a great write-up on it
– Utility Rebates and Performance Based Incentives (PBIs – if available at the time of purchase)
– Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing. It’s not just for solar!
OTHER BENEFITS TO GOING SOLAR
– Increased Employee Satisfaction – more and more people are seeking job openings with environmentally-conscious employers.
– Identify with more customers – There is a consumer segment out there that selects companies based on their stance on sustainability and humanitarian efforts. Solar wins customers. Also, it offers you a chance to promote your business and raise awareness in your community. Going solar is a great reason to connect with your customers. It raises interest in your social accounts and email campaigns like newsletters, etc.
– Support Local Business – When you buy from a local contractor, that work is performed by workers who live and play in your local community. By keeping your dollars local, you’re having a positive impact on your local community. Who knows, you might even gain a few new customers in the process.