GOING SOLAR IN GP&L
If you get your electricity from Garland Power & Light and are considering solar panels for your home or business, then we’ve got all your information right here.
We’ve installed a lot of solar panels in Garland over the years. As a result, we’ve learned all the ins-and-outs of working with GP&L.
In this section, I’ll outline the things you need to know:
- For starters, GP&L doesn’t have a solar rebate anymore.
- They cap system sizes at 10,000 Watts (10kW).
- Garland currently only reading meters once a month and charging for the difference between meter reads.
- Any excess generation in a given billing period is credited to the customer’s bill on a 1:1 ratio at the full retail rate. Moreover, their credit will covers all City of Garland monthly services (water/sewer/trash).
- Their process is smooth and their staff is incredibly easy to work with.
Here’s is a link to their Solar Installation Requirements page.
In conclusion, installing solar panels in Garland has its own unique set of design nuances that we adhere to in order to ensure you are taking full advantage of your investment in solar. At Longhorn Solar, we design to GP&L’s billing structure, making sure you’re getting the most out of every dollar invested in your solar panel installation. Lastly, make sure to check out our Top 10 Solar Questions of 2020!